mixing it up... again!

The time has finally come! (It feels like I've been waiting and planning for this round of glaze testing for weeks!) Last time I tested glazes, I did a tri-axial blend of three glazes I already had mixed up (28 tests). This time, I started from scratch--measuring all the glaze ingredients (thank goodness I had help from Kate!!), and added varied amounts of rutile and red iron oxide (39 test!). The whole process was very time consuming, but as far as I can tell, a good learning experience. 

 

Now, it's the waiting game. All the tripod cups and stamped plates are glazed and loaded in the kiln! Hopefully the firing goes well and I'll open the kiln to see beautiful reds and oranges. That would be SUCH a great birthday present!

Write a comment

Comments: 0